Thursday, February 2, 2012

NINE OF HEARTS QUILT

Can you believe this is Feb. 2nd already? Diane Gaudinsky started Feb. with feathers over at SewCalGal FMQ challenge. I love feathers but I don.t often make a quilt that looks attractive using such a soft touch. This wall hanging is 10 x 12 inches. Just big enough to put petite feathers between the heart blocks. No matter what the size, feathers are always impressive. If you haven't read her tutorial check it out. She gives lots of great information.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice ....I love looking at your quilting Frances.

Sarah said...

What prescious feathers - I never woudl have thought they would fit in sashing on such a smmall quilt. Will file that for the doll quilts I am doing this year.

Anonymous said...

Those are great feathers! The quilt is really cute and they fit perfectly.

What Comes Next? said...

lovely little quilt - the feathers are perfect. This is inspiring me to make something similar and use some small feathers.

Wacky Woman said...

I'm still scared of feathers. I wonder what they ever did to me?

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I love your quilt.
I have not had a chance to read Diane's tutorial yet but plan to next week. Still need more practice.

I tried your leaves with the little swirl in them and for some reason I kept getting little nests on the back side.
Any insight as to why that would happen? thanks for your help.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Just came accross your tutorial for Jan & really enjoyed it - I intend to put it into practise soon - thanks so much.

Nell said...

I love you quilters. You're so cool.