So I agreed to quilt a top for an organization to auction and raise money. At my first glance, it was beautiful and appeared very flat. It is still beautiful, but once I put it on the machine, I started to worry it wasn't exactly flat. Very quickly I learned the borders were nowhere near flat. Too late to remove from the machine and no real time to redo the borders anyway, I had to come up with another plan. So what I decided to do was gather the excess and create a false seam by hand applique......8 times. Not easy to do standing up at an odd angle, but faster than removing stitches and the border.Below are the pictures of the progression. I think it is OK. I do hope it does well at the auction.