Saturday, January 28, 2012
1. Quilt in a creative environment. Hang your favorite pieces where you can see them while you work.
2. Have a quilting plan, but be flexible. I preview the quilting pattern on a piece of upholstery vinyl using an air erasable pen holding it over the top. If I don' t like it I erase it and try another pattern.
3. Don't rush. It creates body tension and makes you tired. You can't do your best when you're tired and it's no longer fun.
4. Don't practice......quilt those tops as you finish them. You will have completed quilts and better FMQ skills with each one.
5. Learn to listen to your machine. It will tell you when something isn't right.
6. Don't buy cheap thread. It will not perform well and you will have wasted your time.
7. Keep chocolate on hand. It makes everything better.
I want to thank everyone who recently became a follower. I especially want to thank those 30 or so people who have been followers for the past 2 years and comment on my work. We all need encouragement. I really like questions. Sharing knowledge is important for all of us to learn. I look forward to the other 11 ( real) experts and their tutorials on SewCalGal. Happy Quilting!!!