Tuesday, September 29, 2020

OH JOY


I found these yo-yos in a thrift store many years ago. They were in the bottom of a box, some barely held together by a single strand of thread. It was a miracle they all survived. I think they are 30's to 50's fabrics. Some are less than an inch and some are more. And I do believe they have been washed. Or perhaps just shriveled with age. I thought they were beautiful. I wrapped them in the fabric I would use to back them and put them away. They were lost again and then forgotten for years. Last week I was looking in a bin for something and there they were. Just as elated ( actually more) I stopped what I was doing and put them onto some grudge fabric, quilted it, and put the binding on. I look at them and of course wonder about the maker. They are possibly made from old clothes so they really have a story or many stories to tell. I wish I could hear them.

 

 

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thank you for sharing the story behind these yo-yos. It is very moving.

jslehmer said...

This is down right beautiful.